This web site is here for the members of Payne County Rural Water District No.3 in Oklahoma. Its purpose is to keep you informed on what is going on throughout the district, and to help you understand how we run the district.
2014 Construction Projects
1) Completed 0.5 mile -- Adding one mile of 8-inch water line along 68th St between Brush Creek Rd and Fairgrounds Rd.
2) Replacing one mile of 2.5-inch with 6-inch water line along Country Club Rd between 56th and 68th St.
3) Completed 0.5 mile -- Replacing one mile of 4-inch with 6-inch water line along 92nd St between Sangre Rd and Country Club Rd.
4) Completed 0.4 mile -- Replacing one mile of 2-inch with 6-inch water line along 104th St between Cottonwood Rd and Range Rd.
5) Completed -- Abandon 0.5 mile of 2-inch water line along North side of 68th St between Western Rd and Washington Rd. and customer meters reconnected to the 6-inch on the South side of road.
6) Completed -- Abandon 0.5 mile of 2-inch water line along West side of Washington Rd between 68th and 80th St. and customer meters reconnected to the 6-inch water line on the East side of road.
7) Completed -- Adding one-half mile of 6-inch water line along 68th St West of Range Rd.
The District has completed all the required bores to begin construction of the above water lines. These projects add five fill hydrants and complete two loop feeds. The original water lines are forty years old and beginning to fail; therefore, require replacing. We are replacing all 2, 2.5 & 3-inch water lines with 6 or 8-inch water lines over several years. New lines will have a 50-year life span.
We will replace 12 years and older meter cans and meter setters as a continuing project to update the oldest equipment in the system.